Quotation of the Day:
Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.
– Laurence J. Peter
Links of the Day:
- Finishing Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
- The first chapter of Freakonomics.
- Should You Invest in ‘The Poor Man’s Hedge Fund’?
- Introducing “New Math”
- Government is Always the Scapegoat
- The Wail of the 1%
- Do Smart Parents Raise Smart Children? The Intergenerational Transmission of Cognitive Abilities
- Why do poor nations continue to be enthralled with capitalism?
- Uncle Sam does NOT believe in photoshop
- Fed study puts ideal interest rate at -5%
- Justice Dept. Opens Antitrust Inquiry Into Google Books Deal
- The Veil is Lifted From Wolfram Alpha
- Blogs and the Economics of Reciprocal Attention
- Are bloggers attention-seekers?
- Many ‘No-Pay’ CEOs Actually Were Richly Compensated, Study Finds
- Bus-Riders of the World Unite!
- Seriously Pathetic