Quotation of the Day:
“My major hobby is teasing people who take themselves and the quality of their knowledge too seriously and those who don’t have the guts to sometimes say: ‘I don’t know….”
– Nassim Nocholas Taleb
Links of the Day:
- Chapter 4 – 9 of Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb (Really a scary book)
- Buru Diskon Gede, Ribuan Orang Antre di SenCy Sejak 07.00 WIB – detik.com (Menengah atas koq antri, aneh…)
- Don’t Be Like Selma Hayek! – Technologizer (Poor Salma and her guessable thing…)
- Whatever Happened to the Top 15 Web Properties of April, 1999? -Technologizer (“There are nothing unique and barrier entry,” said Tim Harford)
- Yahoo Winds Down GeoCities. (Waitaminnit, GeoCities Still Exists?) – Technologizer (Another unsuccessful merger in internet industry…)
- S&P: Majority of Active Fund Managers Underperform Benchmarks Across All Categories Over Past Five Years (The illusion of ‘beating the market’…)
- Just 53% Say Capitalism Better Than Socialism (Americans know what is capitalism?)
- If I Change My Name to Millionaire, Will I Win the Lottery? – Freakonomics (What is in a name, then?) Read Winner, Loser, and Marijuana Pepsi – Freakonomics too.
- Long Term Capital Management a look back from an Insider – Finance Professor Blog (LTCM from Rosenfeld’s view..) Watch Midas Formula too.